1) Keep the exhaust hose as short and straight as possible.
2) Heat is emitted back into the room as hot air travels throught the hose,
try insulating the hose.
3) If unit is to be operated thoughout the day, turn on the unit early, before
the noon heat hits.
3) If unit is to be operated at night and outdoor temperature is lower than
room temperature, first open windows to allow air exchange. After 15/20 minutes,
4) When unit is turned on, set fan on High to allow air circulation. After 30
minutes, set fan to Low. In low fan, air is allowed to pass through the cooling
coils over a longer period of time, thus the air output will be colder than
5) For units with Self-Evaporating Technology, it is always suggested to not use continuous drainage in cooling mode. Allowing the water to collect and recycle helps cool down the cooling coils, which in turn produce colder air output.